Before You Go…
- Have some idea of what you want for your wedding. The more you can narrow down your vision, the better off you’ll be.
- Determine 3 areas of your wedding you’d like to find vendors for, and seek those out at the bridal show. Skip the others or save them for last.
- Ask a friend, mother, sister, or your fiancé to come along. You’ll need that extra set of hands and eyes. You could even make an event out of it (bridesmaids in matching shirts kind of deal).
- Pack snacks. They’ll likely have food (and drinks)
- Bring tote bags. You’ll have plenty to go into them. You can delegate one bag to the YES vendors and another to the ‘I’ll think about it.’
- Print sticky address labels with your name, wedding date, and email. You can use these to stick on giveaway slips instead of filling all that info out at every booth you go to.
- Speaking of email, you may want to set up a wedding only email account. Use this email to keep all your wedding related stuff in one spot.
- Have your budget set. Set thresholds for venue, photographer, details, dress etc. This will help you narrow down vendors at the expo.
While Your There…
- Stay focused. There’s going to be a vendor, venue, cake, and dress style for every type of bride. Don’t go in sure of your modern, chic wedding and come out with information for a shabby chic venue with a horse drawn carriage.
- Take breaks. These are important because it’s exhausting, there’s a lot to take in, and you want time to digest some of what you see. Plus hydrate.
- Watch the fashion shows (they’re fun!)
- Only enter the giveaways from vendors you’re actually interested in.
- Sample cakes
- Don’t stress if you can’t find everything / everyone you wanted. You likely won’t. Keep in mind that some dream wedding vendors might have weddings booked for the expo weekend.
– Have a good time